Tuesday 21 August 2012

Strawberry Daiquiri Cuptails

I decided I wanted to give cuptails a go, however I didn't want to do just an alcoholic flavoured cupcake, I wanted to go all out and after searching the internet I found this idea, where you put alcoholic jelly in the middle.


To start, prepare some vanilla cupcakes as you normally would. I use a basic all in one recipe.
 Then use a fruit corer to take out the centre when they are cool. Make sure you don't hit the bottom of the cupcake, only go half way down.  Once you've done this, put them in the fridge so they become cold.















Whilst they're in the fridge, prepare your jelly. I used 'weight watchers' strawberry jelly, as it's suitable for vegetarians. As this was for a strawberry daiquiri cuptail, I also squeezed half a lime in with it.
 Then top up with white rum. This jelly called for 400ml of boiling water, so I used 300ml and then topped it up to 400ml with white rum.
 Once the jelly has cooled for a couple of minutes but is still liquid, take your cupcakes out of the fridge and pour the jelly into the centres. Once this is done, you can return them to the fridge to set.
 After the jelly has set you can start thinking about decoration. I decided to use butter cream.
 To give the butter cream a strawberry flavouring I added strawberry jam to the mixture. If you are not satisfied by the colour of your icing then you can add some red food colouring.

I used a piping bag to ice the cupcakes and then sprinkled lime zest over the top.

I was a tad suspect on how they would taste but I promise you, they are delicious!


This is where I got the idea from.


No comments:

Post a Comment