Sunday 19 August 2012

Fire Fly Jars

Another one from 31 DIY Projects

Here are the ingrediants, if you will.

You need some jars, some glow sticks and glitter. The larger the glitter flakes the better.


 One of my jars had a design on the lid so I painted over it using acrylic.

 Cut open the glow sticks and let the fluid out into the jar, try to make sure it's mainly splattered around the edges and not just at the bottom.


















Then sprinkle the glitter in and shake the jar.

Even after doing this I was a tad dubious as they aren't effective in daylight whatsoever.

Saying this when I got them in the dark I was very satisfied. I think they're so cute and would be perfect to add an ambiance to any evening.


1 comment:

  1. This is a cool idea. How long will they continue to glow? I assume you can reuse the jars in the future if you just add more glow?

    ReplyDelete