Wednesday 15 August 2012

Fascinator

My last blog post featured a fascinator that I had customised in my own 'Gok Wan' style. So I thought I'd show you how I did it.




First of all I raided my craft box and found some bits and bobs including material, feathers and I also managed to find an odd earring and some the were on sale. Even though it's apparently summer, I went for an autumnal theme. I did this because I love the colours of autumn and I believe it reflects the weather at the moment!


 I found this headband in "Claire's Accessories" on a shopping trip. On it's own I don;t feel like it's enough but I love the deep red and thought it would make a great base for this creation.

 1) To begin with I placed the feathers as desired and stitched them to the head band.
 2) To add another dimension I used some material.
 3) I then pleated the material into a fan shape.
 4) Removing the earring hook from the odd earring I used that to cover all the loose ends and to make it look more finished.
 5) I then stitched this into place. If you don't want to stitch the items, feel free to use a glue gun, this will make it more permanent.


No comments:

Post a Comment