Monday 24 September 2012

So Audrey...





This was my first photoshoot without my house photographer! So I had little direction, which was nice. These photos are courtesy of my good friend Natalie, more of her work here: http://nataliefairs.blogspot.co.uk/

The shoot is based on 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', I know I'm typically a 50s girl but who can resist such a decade. Especially after looking into the Beatnik era. It's such a great film and there are so many things we can all learn from the wonder that is Audrey Hepburn.

Now, controversially in my opinion, skinny is the new beautiful. However back in the 50s and 60s, skinny was scrawny, and curves were where it was at! Of course I condone this, I like cakes too much not to. Audrey, on the other hand had the thinner, boyish shape that stralets weren't supposed to have. Yet she oozed appeal. She truly dressed for her body shape, making her one of my absolute idols, showing that you really do have to know your body and love it!

I know the outfit isn't completely obvious here but let me tell you what it consists of:

- Dress: Dorothy Perkins
It's knee length and perfect for this look as the high neck line gives the impression of Holly Golightly's jewellery without losing the elegance of ones neck. Yet the lace shows off your collar bone.

-Shoes: New Look
Yes, these aren't so Holly but they do add a new age twist that I'm not going to apologise for.

Cigarette Holder
I don't smoke, so the cigarette holder isn't quite as elegant as the one I would like, but it was so necessary as one of my favourite scenes is at her party where she sets fire to someone's hair. 



No comments:

Post a Comment